School of BT-SLO Newsletter
Hello BT-SLO dancers, parents, and dear supporters!
We are deeply grateful for each one of you and all you do to keep our work alive.
It has been almost one year since the first COVID-19 shutdown in mid-March 2020. What a journey! To be able to do what we love, even with restrictions, has been a huge blessing. There have been so many challenges; yet, here we are!
We are very excited to be working on two performance projects, both filmed for distribution in spring as we cannot yet perform for live audiences. However, we will dance as if the entire world is watching! What we do has the ability to move and inspire.
School of BT-SLO Spring Student Showcase
A wonderful offering of dance featuring our youngest beginners through seasoned professionals! With beautiful costuming, the dances will be performed and filmed in the BT-SLO BlackBox Theatre. Choreography from Theresa Slobodnik, Katie Scofield, and Blair London.
BT-SLO Performing Company Spring Program
BT-SLO’s vision to provide our advanced and professional dancers meaningful work continues! Three works will be professionally mounted and danced:
Gilbert Reed's Five Movements from Canvas (revival)
Katie Scofield's Recomposed (premiere)
Theresa Slobodnik's I've Got Rhythm (premiere)
Each will be performed and filmed in our BlackBox Theatre.
5 important items
1. NO Summer Dance Camps again due to COVID-19 uncertainty.
2. NO Summer Ballet Intensive due to COVID-19 uncertainty.
3. Summer Dance Alternative: In lieu of Dance Camps and a Ballet Intensive BT-SLO plans to increase our class offerings in ballet, and add All That Jazz Junior and Flamenco classes. Students are encouraged to add to their regular ballet classes and join these enrichment classes!
4. Spanos Theatre Holiday Program Dates. BT-SLO has reserved the week of December 13-19. Performances will be Dec. 17-19. Programming to be announced, but we hope to involve all who want to commit to the project.
5. BT-SLO participation (performance!) in Return to Stage festival sponsored by the SLO Community Foundation. Possibly on the big stage at the PAC! Details to come.