Intermediate Adult Ballet with Sage
Learn from one of BT-SLO's principal dancers, Sage Best! Sage will help build intermediate students' movement vocabulary with the introduction of exciting intermediate-level steps and movements as well as teach students how to build. [Ages 14 to Adults; Intermediate Level class; Adv dancers welcome]
Time & Location
Jul 21, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Ballet Theatre San Luis Obispo, 3566 S Higuera St #207, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
About the Event
Ballet Theatre San Luis Obispo is thrilled to offer the 2023 Summer Dance Workshop series!
About this Class:
Dancers have an opportunity to learn from one of BT-SLO's principal dancers, Sage Best! Sage will help build intermediate students' movement vocabulary with the introduction of exciting intermediate-level steps and movements as well as teach students how to build strength and train technique throughout class. This class will be structured as a traditional ballet class for teens and adults.
Age/Level: Ages 14 to adults. This will be an intermediate-level class (students who have advanced beginner ballet training and already knowledge of basic ballet vocabulary). Advanced dancers also welcome.
About your Teacher - Sage Best:
Sage has been dancing with BT-SLO since 2012. They have a background in ballet, contemporary, swing/ballroom, and modern including a bachelor's in dance from Ursinus College. As a company dancer, Sage has held lead roles as the Wolf in Gilbert Reed's "Peter and the Wolf", the titled role in Theresa's Slobodnik's "Snow Queen", the lead monster in Gilbert Reed's "Firebird", and many more.
Price per Class: $20
Dates Offered: Please RSVP for each class separately
- Fri, June 16 @ 6pm - 7:30pm
- Fri, July 21 @ 6pm - 7:30pm
- Fri, August 18 @ 6pm - 7:30pm
- Don't wait! RSVP for the classes you are interested in so we can reserve our teachers! (See logistics below)
- What to wear: Traditional ballet attire is not required, but dancers must wear clothing that will not restrict movement and wear dance-specific footwear.
- Students new to BT-SLO need to arrive 10mins early to sign a waiver. See below for payment info.
- We require a minimum of 5 students per class registered at least 3 days before the class date. Otherwise, the class will be canceled (boo!), the students will be notified, and those who registered will not be charged.
- Payment - BT-SLO Students: Students will be charged to their Studio Director account after their class.
- Payment - Drop-in Students: We will send you an option to sign up for a Studio Director account (our studio system) for easy payment. Alternatively, you can pay via Venmo or check upon arrival. Please arrive 10mins early to sign a waiver and complete payment.
- Info on our studio, parking, and facilities can be found here