Strength and Conditioning with Mary-Kate
Dancer and personal trainer, Mary-Kate will lead this invigorating class focuses on gaining overall flexibility, mobility, endurance, and strength through proper movement mechanics. [Ages 12+ No dance experience is necessary. Building strength is great for everyone!]
Time & Location
Aug 11, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Ballet Theatre San Luis Obispo, 3566 S Higuera St #207, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
About the Event
Ballet Theatre San Luis Obispo is thrilled to offer the 2023 Summer Dance Workshop series!
About this Class:
The Strength and Conditioning class is a fun and effective fusion of dance movements, floor/mat work, and strengthening exercises. This class focuses on gaining overall flexibility, mobility, endurance, and strength through proper movement mechanics. This work will support your dance work and aid everyday movement! Mary-Kate will lead students through floor mat exercises as well as center floor work for a challenging and invigorating workout. No dance experience is necessary, only a love for movement set to the rhythm of motivating music. This class will boost your endorphins and leaves you feeling fit, focused and fantastic!
Age/Level: Ages 12+ No dance experience is necessary! Building strength is great for everyone!
About your Teacher - Mary-Kate Figg:
Mary-Kate started dancing and performing with Ballet Theater San Luis Obispo at age 10 and continued through high school. She began studying Kinesiology at Cuesta College and became a Certified Personal Trainer and Corrective Exercise Specialist through NASM. She continues to feed her passion for movement by assisting clients with proper body mechanics as she now works as a Physical Therapist Aide and personal trainer. She is back taking classes at Ballet Theater and cherishes every moment she gets to dance. As a company dancer, Mary-Kate has held lead roles as the Partridge in a Pear Tree in Theresa's Slobodnik's "The 12 Days of Christmas," The Little Robber Girl in Theresa Slobodnik's “Snow Queen,” and Martha Cratchit in Gilbert Reed's “A Christmas Carol”, and many more.
Price per Class: $20
Dates Offered: Please RSVP for each class separately
- Fri, June 9 @ 6pm - 7pm
- Fri, July 14 @ 6pm - 7pm
- Fri, August 11 @ 6pm - 7pm
- Please bring a yoga mat or large towel for floor work
- What to wear: Athletic clothes that allow free range of motion and socks or dance flats
- Don't wait! RSVP for the classes you are interested in so we can reserve our teachers! (See logistics below)
- Students new to BT-SLO need to arrive 10mins early to sign a waiver. See below for payment info.
- Don't wait! RSVP for the classes you are interested in so we can reserve our teachers!
- We require a minimum of 5 students per class registered at least 3 days before the class date. Otherwise, the class will be canceled (boo!), the students will be notified, and those who registered will not be charged.
- Payment - BT-SLO Students: Students will be charged to their Studio Director account after their class.
- Payment - Drop-in Students: We will send you an option to sign up for a Studio Director account (our studio system) for easy payment. Alternatively, you can pay via Venmo, or check upon arrival. Please arrive 10mins early to sign a waiver and complete payment.
- Info on our studio, parking, and facilities can be found here